Saima Aslam, M.D., M.S.
Saima Aslam, M.D., M.S.
200 West Arbor Dr #8415
San Diego, CA 92103-8416
After receiving her medical degree from the Aga Khan University, Pakistan, Dr. Aslam completed her residency training in Internal Medicine and fellowship training in Infectious Diseases at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Dr. Aslam has a research grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to investigate novel treatment strategies for patients with hemodialysis catheter infections and in general is interested in biofilm-associated infections. She also serves as the Director of the Solid Organ Transplant Infectious Diseases service at the UCSD Medical Center.
- Aslam S, Darouiche RO. Mechanical Integrity of Hemodialysis Catheters is Maintained After Exposure to a Novel Catheter Lock Solution. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2010 Nov;31(11):1124-9.
- Aslam S, Hernandez M, Thornby J, Zeluff B, Darouiche RO. Ventricular-Assist Device Infections. Invited correspondence to Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2010. Sep 1;51(5):633-4.
- Viola GM, Zu Y, Baker KR, Aslam S. Epstein-Barr Virus-Related Lymphoproliferative Disorder Induced by Equine Anti-Thymocyte Globulin Therapy. Medical Oncology. 2010 Aug 3. [Epub ahead of print]
- Narasimhan S, Aslam S, Lin P, Bechara CF, Mansouri MD, Darouiche RO. Bacterial Translocation across ePTFE graft surfaces. Journal of Infection. 2010 Jun;60(6):486-90.
- Aslam S, Hernandez M, Thornby J, Zeluff B, Darouiche RO. Risk Factors and Outcomes of Fungal Infections of Ventricular-Assist Devices. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2010 Mar 1;50(5):664-71.
- Aslam S, Reitman C, Darouiche RO. Risk Factors for Subsequent Diagnosis of Prosthetic Joint Infection. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2010 Mar;31(3):298-301.
- Hernandez MD, Mansouri MD, Aslam S, Zeluff B, Darouiche RO. Antibiofilm-Antimicrobial Combination for Prevention of Ventricular Device-Related Infections. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2009 Feb;30(2):190-2.
- Aslam S, Darouiche RO. Antimicrobial Therapy for Bone and Joint Infections. Current Infectious Disease Reports. 2009 Jan;11(1):7-13.
- Aslam S. Effect of Antibacterials on Biofilms. 8th Invited Conference on Healthcare Associated Bloodstream Infections. American Journal of Infection Control. 2008 Dec;36(10):S175.e9-11.
- Aslam S., Trautner BW, Ramanathan V, Darouiche RO. Use of N-acetylcysteine and Tigecycline as a Lock Solution for Treatment of Hemodialysis Catheter-Associated Bacteremia: A Pilot Trial. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2008 Sept;29(9):894-7.
- Musher DM, Aslam, S. Treatment of Clostridium difficile colitis in the critical care setting. Critical Care Clinics of North America. 2008 Apr;24(2):279-91.
- Aslam S, Musher DM. Nitazoxanide: Clinical studies of a broad spectrum anti-infective agent. Future Microbiology. 2007 Dec;2(6):583-590.
- Aslam S, Darouiche RO. Prolonged Bacterial Exposure to Minocycline/Rifampin-Impregnated Vascular Catheters Does Not Affect Antimicrobial Activity of Catheters. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2007 Jul;60(1):148-51.
- Aslam S, Trautner BW, Ramanathan V, Darouiche RO. Combination of Tigecycline and N-acetylcysteine Reduces Biofilm-Embedded Bacteria on Vascular Catheters. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2007 Apr;51(4):1556-8.
- Shelburne SA III, Greenberg SB, Aslam S, Tweardy DJ. Successful ceftriaxone therapy of endocarditis due to penicillin non-susceptible viridans streptococci. Journal of Infection. 2007 Feb;54(2):e99-101.
- Aslam S, Musher DM. An update on diagnosis, treatment and prevention of Clostridium difficile- Associated Disease. Gastroenterology Clinics of North America. 2006 Jun;35(2):315-35.
- Aslam S, Hamill RJ, Musher DM. Treatment of Clostridium difficile- associated disease: old therapies and new strategies. The Lancet Infectious Diseases. 2005 Sept;5(9):549-57
- Musher DM, Aslam S, Logan N, Nallacheru S, Bhaila I, Borchert F, Hamill RJ. Relatively poor outcome after treatment of Clostridium difficile colitis with metronidazole. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2005 Jun 1;40(11):1586-90
- Jawaid A, Asad A, Motiei A, Munir A, Bhutto E, Choudry H, Idrees K, Durrani K, Rahman M, Ahuja M, Nawab Q, Ahmed R, Ali S, Aslam S, Abbasi S, Feerasta S, Alam S, Ahmed U, Jehan I. Clinical Scoring System: A valuable tool for decision making in cases of acute appendicitis. Journal of the Pakistani Medical Association. 1999 Oct; 49 (10):254-9.